A few things to note for all parents/guardians (do NOT let kids do this - parents - please do this)
1. Make sure they have a shirt OVER their pads on Thursday. It's important, from a safety standpoint, their shoulder pads are completely covered.
2. Make sure you form their mouthpiece. Do NOT place the mouthpiece in the microwave.... Per several requests, I have added directions on forming the mouthpiece:
Step 1: In a smaller pan, bring about 2-3 inches of water to a "roaring" boil on the stove (do NOT add salt).
Step 2: While holding the strap of the mouthpiece, lay the mouth-portion into the water and hold submerged for about 25-30 seconds.
Step 3: Remove the mouthpiece and keep out of water for about 3-5 seconds.
Step 4: Insert mouthpiece into the mouth of your player, taking extra care to form on the UPPER teeth. have the child slowly bite down and form the mouthpiece. it will be soft for only a few seconds. Do NOT bite through the mouthpiece. make sure your player brings his bottom row of teeth upward to mold the bottom row in the process as well.
Step 5: After about 10 seconds, remove the mouthpiece from the player's mouth and run under cold water for about 10 seconds.
Step 6: Please make sure you attach the mouthpiece onto the bar of the helmet.
If you have questions, please see Troy at camp on Thursday. Additional mouthpieces cost $1.00. We also recommend you do NOT cut the strap on the mouthpiece. It's easier for the player to affix to the bar on the face mask rather than taking it out after every play and using it without the strap.
3. Make sure each player brings PLENTY of water to each practice. One water bottle usually isn't enough.
4. 2008 and 2009 t-shirts are available for sale at practices. Checks or exact change is required. new (gray) shirts will be available to parents soon! Older t-shirts will be $8.00/each, discounted from a year ago. Limited sizing is available!
5. We ask that parents please pick up after themselves after practices. Please dispose of all trash in trash containers on the fields.
6. We also ask that parents do NOT park on the grass at the Osage Centre. There is plenty of parking spaces for everyone.