Here are some quick things to know!
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
CYTF SEMO Homecoming parade information! - THIS Saturday, October 4
Dear Parents and Guardians,
This year CYTF will be participating in the Southeast Missouri State University 2014 Homecoming Parade this Saturday, October 4th. This is a special treat for the players and good exposure of our league to the local community!
1. All players will walk together as a single group, so please wear comfortable walking shoes.
2. The player must wear his game jersey. Your player may wear blue jeans, t-shirt or sweatshirt (whatever will be weather appropriate for the morning.)
3. Players must be dropped off near the corner of West End Blvd. and Normal Ave. (at Capaha Park) no later than 9am. We will have Coach Rodney's truck in the parade so please look for the group!
4. The parade starts at 9:30am and will proceed down Broadway to Main Street and players must be picked up at the Main Street/Independence Street intersection. For your information, it may be easier to view the parade from the Main Street area and then you're at the right spot to pick your player up.
5. While we are lining up and waiting for the parade to start, horse-play will not be tolerated. We understand that the parade can be an exciting thing to do, but we must also remember that we are setting an example to the community and some of the sponsors that support our league. So lets please be on our best behavior.
6. The Cape Girardeau Police Department has issued a statement saying that parade participants may NOT throw candy during the parade. Participants may only HAND candy out to those people sitting along the curb. The league will provide the candy to pass to the parade visitors. There is no need to bring your own. Per CGPD: Those that do not comply will be removed from the parade route. This could also result in a possible game suspension, so we ask that your player please understand this.
7. Remember, this is a parade, let's have fun! We have a great opportunity to showcase the good character of the players of CYTF.
We look forward to seeing you there!