Some info about the next week or so:
1. Practices start on this SUNDAY, AUG 26. We will be at 5:30pm on the Shawnee Park fields (CYTF Fields in Shawnee Park).
2. Parents should bring plenty of water for the kids to drink and kids should come in full uniform! It is preferred the kids are in cleats rather than tennis shoes. Cleats can be purchased for around $20-30 at Nearly Perfect here in Cape. We also ask that kids come to practice in full uniform, mouthpiece molded (see directions on package), a shirt on below the pads and a larger one over the shoulder pads.
3. At Sunday's practice, we will hand out some of the following info:
- Fall dates (if you did not receive yet)
- Info on TEXT ALERTS (we ask all parents register for text alerts - this is how we will communicate to ALL parents)
- This website info....please bookmark the CYTF website as it is needed info for all parents and family friends!
- Camp - Sun, Aug 26 @ 5:30pm, Tues, Aug 28 @ 5:30pm, Thurs, Aug 30 @ 5:30pm - the pre season camp is a chance for coaches to rate and evaluate ALL players in preparation for the blind draft that takes place on Saturday, Sept 1 (coaches only).
- Once the draft takes place, coaches will call kids for their team. The first TEAM practice is on Tuesday, Sept 4 on the regular fields. All teams will practice in the same location, so ride-sharing is not an issue. We will practice usually from 5:30-7:30pm on Tues/Thurs and selected Sunday evenings before the season starts.
- Practice and game schedule days and times are downloadable from this page (see upper right side)